Ugly Americans
From Atlantic City
To the pacific coast highway
I’ve dumped my blood on the streets of America
And my soul in the farmers fields
And the dark alleys I felt all excited
By the whores and preachers I saw
From Kansas City
To Panama City
I’ve left my skin on the concrete facades
And my spit on the White House steps
But through it all this is still
The land under my finger nails
And the blood that built
My grandfather’s barn
From the mile high city
To the land speed salt
I burnt my eyes out looking
At the stars in the desert
Not sure if it was Las Vegas or Los Alamos
And the fallout was just a bunch of stoned faces
Down in San Francisco
But the aroma of slow dancing with lady liberty
Still lingers on my breath
MAofFCVol1
18 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment